What we will fund
On the ‘Priorities’ page, we told you about the Wheatley Community First Priorities. This page describes the sort of things we will consider and not consider funding.
What the panel will consider when assessing your application:
- Does the project address one or more of the Priorities?
- Is the timetable for delivery achievable?
- Will the project result in a clear improvement in the quality of life or opportunities for residents in your ward?
- Are local people participating and is there scope for volunteering?
- What are the benefits to your ward or people?
- Is the project good value for money?
- Is the match funding set out in the application?
Examples of what can be funded are:
- Buying equipment, such as a computer, oven, furniture for the community or community project
- The cost of putting on an event or workshop
- Training for volunteers
- Additional activities to expand an existing funded project
- Activities that support community action
- Activities that meet an identified need in the local community
- Funding to support an organisation to achieve a quality or other standard relevant to their activities